Absolute Beginners – Learn how to use a sewing machine and start by making simple projects for the home before moving onto making your own clothes.
Beginners Dressmaking – Already familiar with the basics and competent with a sewing machine? Learn how to read and follow a commercial pattern, pattern cutting techniques, fitting adjustments, choose the correct fabric and garment construction.
Basic Pattern Drafting – Aimed at sewists with some dressmaking experience. Learn how to draft your own bodice sloper, skirt sloper or trouser sloper to your individual measurements for clothes that fit perfectly every time.
If you would prefer individual tuition rather than group lessons, or maybe just you and a friend, this can also be arranged in the ‘Available Sessions’ as shown on the timetable.
- 2 hours per week
- Maximum of 4 students per class
- Use my sewing machine & supplies
- Student to purchase patterns and fabric – suitable patterns will be advised
- £80 per 4 week course, payable in advance
- 1:1 tuition – £35 per hour
- You and a friend – £40 per hour
See Timetable for classes.
If you would like to request a specific class, please use the contact form below:-